Special Olympics Northern California provides year-round inclusive sports training, athletic competition, fitness, health, and education programs for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
We have great ways you can be involved with Special Olympics Northern California!
Position Title: Development Grants Administrator
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
What would you do? You will be responsible for the expansion of new grant and foundation opportunities and the maintenance of existing grant and foundation partners. You will build and maintain a foundation cultivation cycle and grant stewardship plan that includes developing, submitting, and reporting the organization's grant and foundation portfolio.
As an integral part of Special Olympics Northern California (SONC) Development Team you will also provide support and assistance with revenue generation and project coordination to all members of the Development Team. If you are invested in the Special Olympics mission, are organized, a strong writer and project manager, and thrive in a collaborative environment, this would be a great opportunity for you!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Cultivation and development of new sources of foundation grant support
- Maintenance of existing foundation relations
- Foundation grant and report writing
- Establish goals and maintain impeccable metrics and reporting
- Establish and execute a grant and foundation cultivation and stewardship plan to ensure partnerships are sustainable, increase their level of support, and enjoy a close relationship with SONC
- Use Salesforce to maintain accurate records and reports
- Prepare written materials, including correspondence, letters of inquiry, grant applications, and regular communications with foundation and prospects
- Work effectively with program managers to gather data for reporting purposes and establish appropriate objectives for grant applications
- Provide professional staff support to the CEO and CDO for high visibility foundation donors
- Support the Development Team and other revenue channels to attain overall revenue goals
- Manage and implement other initiatives and activities as assigned
Position Title: Sports and Community Engagement Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Sports
Special Olympics Northern California & Nevada (SONC.NV) is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to be responsible for promoting athlete growth within the Northern volunteer areas. This is a management position, not a coaching position. Start new teams, manage existing teams, recruit and supervise coaches, organize competition opportunities, and ensure all athletes are receiving a quality training & competition program. In addition, this position will be the lead on specific strategic initiatives for the organization. This is a full-time position and requires local/regional travel and evening/weekend work. This position may work out of either the Pleasant Hill or Sacramento offices (or both).
Sports Manager Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, motivate, and support Area Directors
- Communicate with Area Directors on an ongoing basis regarding program-wide sports policies, rules, and procedures; SONC resource allocation to area programs; and the impact of program costs on local fundraising revenue
- Work with Area Directors to develop partnerships with appropriate non-profit, for-profit, and government organizations for program and revenue support
- Develop strategies for new-athlete recruitment and retention to share with Area Directors
- Attend local programs’ practices and regional competitions
- Help create sustainable fiduciary plans for each county program, including creation of annual expense and revenue budgets
- Assist with integration of health, wellness and fitness initiatives with local sports programming
- Develop coach and volunteer recruitment strategies to be implemented by the local program
- Conduct regular strategic planning meetings with Area Directors to develop partnerships with schools, law enforcement, and peer organizations involved with program
- Ensure all athletes and coaches have current applications on file
For full job details:
No Internship openings