Join the Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools movement by becoming a Unified Champion School! As a Unified Champion School, your school promotes inclusion and acceptance by participating in the three components of the Unified Champion Schools Program: Unified Sports, Inclusive Youth Leadership, and Whole School Engagement. Read more below on how to be recognized as a Special Olympics Northern California Unified Champion School.
HOW DO I BECOME A UNIFIED CHAMPION SCHOOL?
- To become a Unified Champion School, a school must complete at least 1 activity in each category – example activities of a Unified Champion School can be found below.
- Submit the form below to tell us what you did, and your local Special Olympics staff member will be in touch with you.
- You will earn a Unified Champion School recognition banner honoring your school! Every year you reach Unified Champion school status, you will receive a new school year sticker to add to the banner.
- There are many ways to present your banner to the school. For ideas on presentations of the Unified Champion School banner, please contact your Special Olympics Northern California Area Manager.
- Final step is to hang your banner proudly in a space where it can be admired by the entire school. School gyms, cafeterias, or MPR’s work best!
2018-19 Unified Champion Schools
A University Massachusetts study indicates the Unified Champion Schools program has measurable positive outcomes for entire campus.