Return to In-Person Activity
As of July 17, 2021, Special Olympics Northern California (SONC) is excited to welcome back Athletes, Coaches and Unified Partners® to modified in-person events as we move into Phases 2 & 3 of Return to In-Person Activity. Let's Play!
The health and safety of all Athletes and Volunteers is our number one priority. Please see below for the latest updates.
Read previous updates
Information for Volunteers
What will In-Person Activities include?
SONC will have the following activities in place as part of Phases 2 & 3:
SOFTBALL (July – August)
- In-person training and competition for all levels: Hitting, running, fielding & throwing drills events
- In-person regional competitions*
- August 21 in Lincoln; August 28 in Walnut Creek & Yuba City
- *Teams will attend one designated regional competition, or may compete at their home practice site
GOLF (July – September)
- In-person training and competition for all levels: Individual 9 & 18-hole, 9-hole Unified, Individuals skills drills 9 & 18-Hole Individual, 9-Hole Unified, Individual Skills
- Virtual regional competitions**
- Submit scores for competition between September 11-19
- **Teams will compete at one designated virtual regional competition using scores from play on their home course
SONC Walking Club (July – August)
- Stay in shape through the summer!
- Individual and team opportunities
- Weekly virtual fitness activity
- Earn an award!
NOTE: Not all activities are available in all program areas. Please visit our Find a Program page to see offerings in your county or contact us at LetsPlay@sonc.org for more information. Individual participation in the SONC Walking Club is available in all areas.