Return to In-Person Activity
As of July 17, 2021, Special Olympics Northern California (SONC) is excited to welcome back Athletes, Coaches and Unified Partners® to modified in-person events as we move into Phases 2 & 3 of Return to In-Person Activity. Let's Play!
The health and safety of all Athletes and Volunteers is our number one priority. Please see below for the latest updates.
Read previous updates
Information for Volunteers
Fall Sports Opportunities
SOCCER (August – November)
- Traditional in-person training and competition for all levels: 2, 3, 4, 5 and Individual Skills Contest (ISC)
- In-person regional competitions*
- October 16 in Davis; October 17 in Ripon; October/November TBD in North Bay location TBD
- *Teams will attend one designated regional competition, or may compete at their home practice site
FLAG FOOTBALL (September – November)
- In-person training and competition for all levels in “Combine-style” format: Pass, Catch, Run events for individuals and teams for Athletes and Unified Partners
- In-person regional competition**
- November TBD in location TBD
- *Teams will attend one regional competition, or may compete at their home practice site
SONC Walking Club (September 13 – October 30)
- Stay in shape through the Fall!
- Individual and team opportunities
- Earn an award!
SONC/NV Virtual Fitness (September 23 – November 4)
- 6-week season
- Practices on Thursdays from 5:30-6:30pm
- Work out with our friends from SO Nevada
- Weekly virtual fitness activity
NOTE: Not all activities are available in all program areas. Please visit our Find a Program page to see offerings in your county or contact us at LetsPlay@sonc.org for more information. Individual participation in the SONC Walking Club is available in all areas.